We have a small whatsapp broadcast group on Intermittent Fasting. We are now 55 at varying stages of progress. Though member identity is confidential to the group (broadcast group) feedbacks keep everyone motivated.
Here’s such a feedback from me posted in the group this morning.
“Broadcast on Intermittent Fasting:
We’re now a fairly sizeable group of wellness minded people. We should keep each other enthused for attaining better results. Feedbacks and concerns shared with the group (keeping names confidential, unless otherwise desired) will provide additional motivation.
Here’s what I have to say-
IF is a proven wellness program with plenty of options to tailor to personal circumstances.
Two recent Nobel Prizes for medicine and physiology (2016 and 2018) were for related works like autophagy and cells cleaning.
Logically also it has an edge, that food is used up within 12 hours and fasting beyond that will make the stored fat to be used up for energy needs.
Here’s how I do my fasting.
– I do a 16 hours plus fasting for almost all days of the week. Typically it’s from dinner at around 8 pm with the next meal lunch at around 12.30 pm.
– I take only water in the fasting hours, not even medicine or supplement.
– I do 12 full rounds of suryanamaskars and another about 70 minutes of yoga for 6 days in a week. I try and do it after 12 hours into fasting so that maximum stored fat is used up.
– I swim 6 days in a week in the evening before dinner (during eating window). I swim a total of over one kilometre split into 60 laps in the 18 meters pool. I do speed freestyle and breaststroke taking a pause between laps, making it somewhat HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) which is recommend and could even accelerate autophagy.
– I eat well during the eating window, carefully selecting food that I like. Hence the consumption of sweets have gone up. That way there’s no hard sacrifice.
– I have set a seemingly impossible target for six packs. And it may be on the way.
Two recent comments are worth mentioning. ‘Six packs can be seen’ was a comment when I came off after a river swim.
‘I didn’t believe it when you said you are going for six packs, but your recent photo shows it’s now coming’. Another comment said!
And yes, I myself believe that i can have six packs and it’s a major motivator.
– My confidence levels have gone up and I swear by IF
Perhaps the only concern is the strange behaviour of my glucose reading. I was borderline diabetic taking medicine (not insulin)
With IF it came down and I reduced medicine by half. HbA1c of below 6.5 could now be even lower.
But I notice a phenomenon. Fasting glucose reading of 90 becomes 120 during extended fasting without taking any food.
Apparently its called ‘Dawns Phenomenon’ and one researched finding is about body metabolism. The body (liver) is releasing extra energy anticipating my rigorous energy requirement during suryanamaskar. Any advice on this is welcome.
Another concern is, if I am getting enough quality sleep or not.
Your feedback on how you are doing with IF is welcome”.
If interested in joining this active group to know more about intermittent fasting or wanting to be associated with this group to share your experiences and get feedback, please message me on my whatsapp number +91 9400056031 and I will add you to the group.